We are pleased to announce the launch of ‘Bonding with Baby’ a support programme for vulnerable women developed by three Hackney charities: Hackney Playbus, the Claudia Jones Organisation and Shoreditch Trust.
Bonding with Baby is a pilot project focused on the development of the relationship between mother/carer and their child, in order to improve outcomes for child development and parental mental health. This is financed by the City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group Innovation Fund.
Groups will provide a supportive learning environment to help mothers develop skills and confidence, reduce social isolation and provide space for participant to share their experience and have discussions on health topics, child development and family life.
Hackney Playbus will facilitate the groups, with practical support and befriending provided by volunteers trained by the Bump Buddies at Shoreditch Trust and family support provided by the Claudia Jones Organisation.
Bonding with Baby groups are delivered in five locations across the borough:
- Monday 1pm-3pm Well Street Family Centre 189 Well St, E9 6QU
- Tuesday 1pm-3pm Navarino Mansions Community Hall, Dalson Lane, E8 1LB
- Wednesday 10am-12pm Redmond Centre, Kayani Avenue, N4 2HF
- Wednesday 1pm-3pm, Claudia Jones Organisation, 103 Stoke Newington Road, N16 8BX
- Friday 10am-12pm Ivy Street Family Centre, 54 Ivy Street, N1 5JE
Download a flyer showing BwB Poster – General locations and times.